Good parents want their kids to stay out of trouble, do well in school, and go on to do awesome things as adults. And while there isn’t a set recipe for raising successful children, psychology research has pointed to a handful of factors that predict success.
Unsurprisingly, much of it comes down to the parents. Here’s what parents of successful kids have in common:
- They make their kids do chores
- They teach their kids social skills
- They hold high but reasonable expectations of their kids
- They have healthy relationships with their kids (have fun!)
- They encourage higher education
- They teach their kids math at an early age
- They encourage effort over fear of failure
Raising children isn’t for the faint at heart, but the challenge is one well worth taking and the rewards are measureless!